Welcome to another wonderful school year at Town Center! I am honored to serve as your campus Library Media Specialist. This year your learner will be visiting our Library many times throughout the year. I encourage you to become a regular on our Library Site, Twitter or Instagram feeds (@TCEReads) to see and read about some of the great adventures we go on together. You will quickly find that our library is anything but traditional, as it is in fact a true Learning Commons for our campus! Our primary focus this year for your scholar will be to: Read, Learn, Connect and Create.
- Our program will promote the very best of children’s literature to your learner with activities designed to help learner enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your learner “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials for them to consider and explore.
- We will add several hundred new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including ebooks and audiobooks available 24/7 through their MackinVia app.
- At each grade level, learners will be learning research skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials for their classroom and co-teach their curriculum.
- Classroom and Library units will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your learner make safe and ethical decisions when using the internet.
- Throughout the year we will partner with other campuses across our district, state and country to share our learning experiences in the library and classroom.
- We have lots of special events being planned, including author visits, bookfairs, and reading contests.
- Learners will participate in global reading celebrations such as Dot Day, Global Read Aloud, World Read Aloud Day, etc.
- Our Library has multiple Makerspaces where learners can use various engineering tools to create and explore with their peers.
- Learners will be encouraged to record video book recommendations we will post in our Library for their peers to hear about new books.
- Flexible design spaces allows for groups of learners to come to the Library together to collaborate on projects they are working on in class.